Exal entered the tin plated steel container manufacturing market with the acquisition of Boxal in 2004. Exal's "Newcan" tin plated steel aerosol container manufacturing technology features the aesthetic benefits (shape and decoration) of impact extruded aluminum aerosol containers and cost benefits of tin plated steel, within a specific offering of container sizes. The 2 piece coil based technology has been used by several international marketers for large anti-perspire,deodorant (APDO) applications in Europe.
Exal has plans to evolve the "Newcan" technology and currently has one piece and pre-coated one piece "Newcan" containers is development. There are also technologicial and operational synergies between "Newcan" and Exal's aluminum coil based technology "Coil to Can" or "C2C".
"Newcan" Container Sizes: (Container Diameter x Container Height, approximately filled volume)
- 45mm x 140 mm, 150 ml
- 45mm x 178 mm, 200 ml
- 49mm x 151 mm, 200 ml
- 49mm x 185 mm, 250 ml
"Newcan" Technology Highlights:
- Launched in 1997 as the World's First 2 piece tin plate Drawn and Wall Ironed (DWI) Aerosol Container
- For Specific Container sizes, Combines the aesthetic benefits of one piece Aluminum with the cost benefit of Tin Plated Steel
- Single Piece Container Body without seaming or welding
- 360 degrees Printing
- Single Piece Body provides Integral Protection Against Corrosion
- Inside Coatings Available
- Standard Pressure Specification of 18 bar
- Annual Capacity of over 100 million units
Click Here to Reach a Sales Contact for "Newcan"